Best Steam Press: Top Selected Steam Presses Iron Machine Reviews and Buying Guide
Raise your hand if you absolutely love ironing. If you did not raise your hand, you are among the majority of persons who really hate this task. Preparing your clothes so that they are crisp and wrinkle-free is a necessary task and someone has to do it. But, what if you could get your creases in and wrinkles out without the iron and ironing board? Enter the steam press, your time saving and easy to use solution that produces a professional, “dry cleaner” result others will notice.
Our steam press review gives you a heads up on ten of the best fabric steam press options that are also within your budget.
Top 3 Steam Press Machine: Editor’s Pick
|Image||Product Name||Editor's Rating||Price|
|Steamfast SF-680 Digital Steam Press|
|Singer ESP-2 Electronic Steam Press|
|Janome Artistic Heat Press Model EP100|
Best Steam Press Review:
1. Steamfast SF-680 Digital Steam Press with Multiple Fabric Settings and Steam Burst Function
For a professional fabric press result that can be achieved from home, consider the Steamfast SF-680 Deluxe Digital Steam Press. This steam press delivers hassle-free dry-cleaners results and you won’t need to deal with harmful chemicals in the process. In a matter of seconds, and as easy as 1-2-3, the Steamfast SF-680 Deluxe Digital Steam Press gets rid of wrinkles and creates sharp creases in any fabric or garment.
You will be completely satisfied with the perfect press that covers every inch leaving no missed spots. You may agree that these and other features make the Steamfast one of the best steam press brands you can find. It is so easy to operate the ergonomic digital controls which give various options for setting the temperature and time. The pressing surface measures 25 by 10.5 inches and is big enough to accommodate more fabric. A useful feature is the locking knob that locks the ironing board and the pressing plate together making it easier to carry and store the unit. So for a completely natural, chemical-free method of pressing your clothes at home trust the Steamfast SF-680 Deluxe Digital Steam Press.
- A container that can hold 10 ounces of water, heats up within 3 minutes, automatic shut off and audio alerts if idle for too long
- Digital controls that can be set for five fabrics (silk, nylon, cotton, linen, wool), two buttons for steam bursts found on the handle
- Pressing surface that is non-sticking measuring 25 x 10.5 inches, also sized for use on tabletops, lock feature makes it easy to carry and store
- Supplied with one spray bottle, one measuring cup, and one pressing cushion
- Meets voltage requirements of the U.S. and is tested, certified, and warranted for U.S. use only
- Steam press is backed by a 1-year warranty.
2. Singer ESP-2 Electronic Steam Press with Multiple Fabric Settings and Extra-Large Pressing Surface
Singer is known for quality products and for the best clothing steam press on the market. The ESP-2 Electronic Steam Press is no exception. This innovative steam press allows you to zip through your ironing chore with ease. With only a touch of a few buttons you can exert 100 pounds of pressure and in seconds your fabric is steam pressed. You have the option of choosing whether to use Electronically Pumped Variable Steam or No Steam. This choice depends on the fabric you need to press. Your Singer steam press also features an electronic alarm that goes off every 10 seconds if the handle remains down.
This is to remind you to release the fabric from overexposure to the heating plate. Save on your dry cleaning bill with this Singer steam press and also enjoy real time savings with this handy clothes pressing tool. You will find that this steam press is quite easy to use and it does not take up too much space. You might have a little trouble with the location of the on and off switch which not located on top of the handle. Avoid the temptation to reach through the open press to turn off the steam press, as you could burn yourself trying to reach that button. Whether you iron only occasionally or you do this every day this steam press from Singer is your perfect choice. Using this steam press instead of the iron saves you time and money which can be directed to other things you enjoy.
- Gives professional quality pressing results from your own home.
- Large pressing area and easy to adjust steam and heat settings – press curtains, tablecloths, dress pants and much more.
- Easy to carry and store
- Features an auto shut-off and safety alarm that you can hear.
- Well known globally for outstanding garment construction and care products that are long-lasting.
- You get a one-year limited warranty with your purchase.
3. Ironing Press with integrated sleeve board, 1400 Watts
Hate it or love it, ironing clothes the traditional way – with iron and ironing board – is becoming a thing of the past thanks to the ironing press with integrated sleeve board. This steam press is one of the best fabric steam press machines you can buy for a reasonable price that is within your budget. With this easy to use the steam press, you have the choice of using Steam Press or Dry Press for your garments. The controls are easy to use and are quite convenient, even to the novice user. You also don’t have to contend with stickiness thanks to the steam press’ non-stick covers. Remove wrinkles with the equivalent of 100 pounds of pressure that activates powerful bursts of steam.
The built-in water reservoir allows you to have water always at your fingertips that help in the steam press’ operation. The operating area is quite large, which makes it easier for you to steam press larger garments. You can also choose your temperature settings anywhere from 100 to 210 degrees to suit various fabrics. Every type of clothes including pants, shirts, quilts, and dresses can be pressed using the Ironing Press with integrated sleeve board. You might find it difficult at first to get the hang of using this steam press for putting in seams in dress pants. With practice, this too will become second nature.
- Sleeve arm is easy to use
- Ironing time is reduced significantly
- Can be used for delicate fabrics
- Temperature controls are easy to use
- Easily set up on work area or on a table, controls are simple too
- Energy capacity of 1,400 Watts
- Weighs around 27.5 pounds and is larger than irons at 25.6 inches by 9.5 inches
- Can be used for either dry or steam pressing.
4. Sienna Empressa SSP-3208 Digital Steam Press, 1350 Watts
Among the best home steam press options, you can find is the Sienna Empressa SSP-3208 Digital Steam Press. One feature you may like is its extra large pressing area – of 34 by 12 inches. It is so easy to put fabric on this pressing area which is suitable for larger material as well. With the Sienna Empressa Digital Steam Press, you will achieve a crisp and professional result every time you use it. Reduce your ironing time by as much as three times your normal rate with this efficient and easy to operate steam press. It comes with a convenient and easy to handle locking handle so that you can easily carry your steam press around.
You will also find a range of settings for steam and dry heat that will match all types of fabrics. Whenever you want a burst of steam you can quickly press the button and be rewarded with a powerful steam burst that will effectively remove wrinkles and unwanted creases. Your steam press also includes easy to see indicator lights to show you when the press is at the temperature you have selected. It also features a steam ready light to indicate when you can use its steam bursts. Concerned about safety when using the Sienna Empressa? This steam press will shut off automatically with an alert that you can hear whenever it is opened or closed. Furthermore, this steam press comes with a non-stick padded ironing board covering that you can easily remove. In addition, the pressing plate is coated so that nothing sticks to it and starch will not build up. This makes it easy to clean and the pressing surface and protects silk and other delicate fabrics. You certainly won’t lose with the Sienna Empressa steam press that is designed to press all types of fabrics in half the time it takes to iron them the old way.
- The ironing surface of this steam press is ten times the traditional size
- You can choose temperature settings anywhere between 212 degrees Fahrenheit to 410 degrees Fahrenheit
- Accurate temperature controlled by LED Digital display
- Is safe to use on silk, nylon, cotton, linen, and wool.
- Easy to operate – simply pull handle down and press button for steam burst
- Pressing plate does not stick to fabrics
- Use over 100 pounds of pressure applied evenly to create sharp, permanent creases
- Comes with a pressing cushion, spray bottle, and water fill cup.
5. Janome Artistic Heat Press Model EP100
Slash your ironing time in half with the Janome Artistic Heat Press Model EP100. You may agree that this is one of the professional steam press iron options you can consider. Not only is this the perfect tool for crafting and quilting, it is also suitable for general pressing of clothes and fabrics. For crafts, you can easily set rhinestones wherever you like and lay your quilts and tops beautifully. With the Janome Artistic Heat Press, pressing up to eight layers at the same time is a breeze. Not every heat press can boast an ironing surface that is ten times larger than the rest. Certainly, you can get much more pressed in half the time it takes to iron your clothes and fabrics the traditional way.
Comfort is also a hallmark of this heat press design as you can sit and work without straining your back and shoulders. Furthermore, the amount of pressure you can apply is 100 pounds compared to the 20 pounds normally applied when using an iron and ironing board. No longer would you have to contend with wear and tear on your fabrics and there is no risk of shiny effects on your clothes with this heat press. Safety is also ensured by the automatic power shut off after 10 seconds of being closed. You certainly don’t need to worry about your fabrics being burnt. No doubt this heat press is made of quality material as the pressing board is constructed with eleven layers of Baltic Birch wood that absorbs excess humidity. So to create long-lasting creases and pleats is not a problem with this effective heat press. The price is also value for money for this high quality, full sized heat press that is Swiss designed.
- Press up to 8 layers at the same time
- Expect great value from this high-quality press that is a Swiss-designed full-size machine
- Power cuts off after 10 seconds when closed and idle, your laundry will not be burnt
- You can save time with this heat press that has an ironing surface which is 10 times larger
- Get twice as much done as traditional ironing.
6. Pyle PSTMP95 Pure Clean Digital Control Table Top Steam Press
You will feel and look good with the professional results delivered by the Pyle PSTMP95 Pure Clean Digital Control Steam Press. This tabletop model delivers wrinkle-free clothes and long-lasting creases much quicker than traditional ironing. With a pressing surface nine times bigger than the size of regular irons you can steam more, faster. Everything is easy to use and to set your temperature is simple with the Digital Control Center. No wonder this steam press can be counted among the best steam press iron available today. Included in its features are an anti-shine, stick-resistant ironing surface, adjustable temperature selection, burst of steam function, a 22.0 inches by 10.0 inches pressing surface and much more.
Conveniently situated at the base of the Steam Press is a water tank you can refill. Simply slide it out, refill with regular water from the tap, then slide it back in. A water container funnel is included to make refilling the reservoir easier. To get started with steam pressing just plug the steam press in, add water and go! Control your steaming temperature for fabrics like silk, nylon, linen, rayon, cotton, and wool. The cover for the ironing board can be removed and washed to use again. Along with your steam press, you will receive a pressing cushion for pressing contoured or gathered areas like yokes, darts, and sleeves. Included as well are a water spray bottle for dampening fabric prior to pressing and a water filling funnel.
- Advanced digital controls; very gentle on fabrics like Silk; 10-ounce water container you can refill
- A range of temperatures to choose from; safe to use on rayon, nylon, cotton, silk, wool, linen, etc.;
- Ironing surface coating that is stick resistant and anti-shine; ironing surface 22 inches by 10 inches
- Power capacity of 1350 Watts
- Various steam and dry heat settings for any fabric
- Dimensions 26.7 inches by 10.2 inches by 22.0 inches
- Shuts off automatically for safety.
7. Ricoma PSP-990A Clothes Fabric Steam Press
Here is another time saving and efficient steam press – the Ricoma PSP 990A Clothes Fabric Steam Press. With this high-performance steam press, you can get rid of the toughest wrinkles and creases from any garment. You have a choice of five distinct temperature settings to suit your fabrics. For the crisp professional look that others admire, use the bursts of steam from tiny vents located on the pressing plate. There is no need to take your clothes to the dry cleaners when you can easily do it yourself with this Ricoma steam press. If you are always on the go, this steam press will save you time normally spent using a traditional iron.
It is also easy to carry thanks to its convenient handle. Use this steam press on various types of fabrics including silk, wool, linen, nylon, and cotton. You can also easily press pants, blouses, shirts, drapes, and other fabrics using this professional steam press iron. For safety, this steam press shuts off automatically 10 seconds after it is closed or when it remains up for more than 15 minutes. You will also be warned by an audible alarm anytime the heat goes above what is required for the garment you are pressing. With your purchase, you will receive a spray bottle, water container, sleeve pad, and an easy to follow instruction manual. Although this steam press is a useful addition to your equipment, some might find it a little small for their purpose.
- It takes half the time to press your clothes than it takes for ironing them
- Shuts off automatically when down for 10 seconds or when left up too long
- Produces a crisp professional look, just like what you can get at the dry cleaners
- Energy ratings of 1350 Watts and voltage of 110/120
- Capable of removing the toughest wrinkles
8. Steamfast SP-660 Steam Press
Another steam press from the trusted names in steam presses is the Steamfast SP-660 Steam Press. With this best fabric steam press solution, you can easily produce professional quality pressing without leaving your home. No longer do you need to pay hundreds of dollars to take your clothes to the dry cleaners. Simply use this convenient equipment to take care of all your steam pressing needs. The Steamfast SP-660 Fabric Steam Press takes care of wrinkles and produces sharp creases and pleats within seconds.
At the touch of a button, hot steam will burst to penetrate deep into your fabrics. With each burst of steam, the fibers in your fabric relax and wrinkles are removed. Press a wide array of fabrics with the heated pressing plate that does not stick to your fabrics and cause you grief. You have a range of temperature settings that are suitable for most fabrics you work with. The pressing surface measures 22 by 8.7 inches and can accommodate most garments and fabric items for effective pressing. Expect fast and impressive pressing results from the Steamfast SP-660 Steam Press.
- Quick heating – within 3 minutes
- Automatic shut off and audio alert when left unused for too long
- Can be set for five fabrics cotton, nylon, wool, silk, and linen.
- Produces strong bursts of steam from two buttons on the handle
- Pressing surface measures 22 inches by 8.7 inches and is non-stick
- Features a lock that allows you to carry and store the equipment
- Provided with a pressing cushion, one measuring cup, and a spray bottle
- One-year stress-free warranty.
9. Sienna E-Z Seat Stand 24 Inches High, White, Heavy Duty Steam Press Stand
Do you need a sturdy stand to place your Sienna steam press? The solution is the Sienna E-Z Seat Stand which is designed to be a steady and sturdy stand for your steam press. You no longer need a table or counter top for your Sienna steam press. This stand is well designed to support the best steam press models produced by Sienna. Simply sit in your favorite place and produce professional quality presses. This stand is 24 inches high and you can actually sit to work with this height as comfortable as possible.
It is also easy to fold away the stand when you are not using it. It works quite well with every Sienna Steam Press including the Elite, Empressa and the Expresso. You can also store your completed work and this is convenient to keep your pressed clothes fresh and neat. For safety, this stand is also equipped with a safety strap to keep the press attached to the stand. Whether you own a sewing or tailoring business or you are pressing clothes at home, this steam press stand is a great accessory you can certainly use.
- Is not heavy and it stands freely by itself.
- Compatible with all Sienna Steam Presses such as the Sienna Elite, Sienna Expresso, and Sienna Empressa.
- Stand is made to elevate your steam press so that you can sit comfortably and use it
- Made to last, with durable steel; comes with a Velcro strap to secure your steam press
- Does not slip easily, thanks to its plastic foot caps that also protect floors against scrapes
- Also provides a storage rack that conveniently holds pressed garments.
10. Sienna Elite SSP-2202 Digital Steam Press, 1350 Watts, 25”x10” Pressing Area, Professional Quality Garment Press
With this easy and fast alternative, you don’t need to iron your clothes ever again. We are talking about the Sienna Elite SSP-2202 Digital Steam Press. With its energy capacity of 1350 Watts expect an effective and efficient steam press that will meet all your laundry needs. Pressing time is much faster thanks to the Elite’s large pressing surface. The size of your garments and fabrics is not a hindrance to your ability to use this steam press for great results.
Getting rid of wrinkles and creating crisp and sharp creases are so easy to do with this professional steam press iron. Even the toughest fabrics are no match for the power and effectiveness of the Elite steam press. Make perfect creases all the time with the Elite’s superior computer-controlled heat settings and digital display. Furthermore, with this steam press, you get the same professional results you get from dry cleaners. Trust the Elite Digital Steam Press which features an automatic shut off with an alarm that alerts you whenever you keep the lid open or closed for too long. It is also supplied with a padded ironing board cover that can be removed. The pressing plate is coated with a non-stick coating that makes it easier to clean.
- Seven times bigger than a traditional ironing surface
- Set your temperature from between 212 degrees Fahrenheit – 410 degrees Fahrenheit
- Get accurate temperature readings from the digital display
- Very safe to use for pressing silk, nylon, linen, cotton, and wool
- Sharp and durable Non-Stick Pressing plate that delivers creases that are durable
- This steam press comes with water fill up cup, spray bottle, and a pressing cushion.
Buying Guide Stream Press Machine For Your Home Use or Business
You may still ask why you should ditch your iron and buy a steam press. Well, unlike the iron, you don’t need an ironing board for the majority of steam presses. It’s enough to simply place your steam press on a flat surface like a counter or tabletop and get going. Of course, with a steam press, you don’t need to use your energy to move the appliance over your clothes to get rid of wrinkles. All you need to do with a professional steam press iron is to lay your clothes at the bottom and shut the top portion of the press. It does the pressing work for you, so relax. Using a steam press is also much faster than ironing because of its larger pressing surface.
Here are a few things to look for in buying your steam press for your home or business.
Surface Area Size:
When we speak of the surface area we mean the section of the steam press that you put your clothing or material on to press it. Pay attention to the size of this area when choosing the best steam press. The bigger the area, the better it is to accommodate your garments, and the quicker you are able to get the job done. Don’t forget the overall size of the unit. This will enable you to choose the best size steam press for your location when in use and not in use. As a general guide, your best bet is to select a steam press that has an ironing area of at least 22″ long by 10″ wide. If you really want a bigger model, consider the weight of your seam press. For most persons, a weight of 22 to 27 pounds is quite manageable.
Typically you will find steam presses with digital temperature controls. Check to ensure that these temperature settings are suitable for a wide range of fabrics. For example, delicate fabrics such as silk do not need as much heat as tougher fabrics such as linens. Digital temperature controls that carry clear settings help you to choose the best heat settings for your fabric without damaging them in the pressing process.
Along with the temperature settings you need to also control the time taken to press your clothes. For that, you need a reliable timer. Most modern steam presses are equipped with a timer built in that will make a sound as soon as the time that you have set has elapsed. For other steam presses, timers are not related to the fabric itself but are designed to shut off automatically once the press remains closed for over 10 seconds.
You will also notice that some steam presses are also designed with a “no steam” setting. This is to enable work with fabrics like sheer materials that do not stand up well to steam pressing. This kind of material needs to be pressed without steam. To enable you a little more flexibility select a steam press that also allows dry pressing. You can tell by the “no steam” setting included.
It goes without saying that safety features make a difference between the best steam press and the worst equipment you could have selected. Always check to see that the steam press you are about to buy is also safe to use. Safety features like automatic shut off to turn off the steam press once it has been idle for a designated period prevent overheating and fire disasters. In addition, check the handle to see whether it locks to prevent accidental access to the steam press when it’s hot. A handle that locks also makes moving the heat press easier. It’s never a good idea to move a hot steam press.
Frequently Asked Questions about stream press machine
1. Q – What steam press features should I look for to prevent damage to my clothes and linens?
Ans: The best steam press should allow various temperature settings to suit different fabrics. This will prevent you choosing too much or too little heat for each item you are pressing. In addition, steam presses with automatic alarms will alert you whenever they remain closed for longer than around 10 seconds. Also, check for the “no steam” feature that is actually best for certain fabrics like sheer materials that must be dry-pressed only.
2. Q – Where should I put my steam press to operation it?
Ans: While some steam press models are designed for use on a counter or tabletop other models need a sturdy stand much like an ironing board to keep them supported. You can pull the stand apart and store it when you are not using it.
3. Q – How should I clean my steam press?
Ans: To clean the surface of your steam press, first turn it off and allow it to cool. After it is cooled sufficiently, use a clean damp rag or cloth to wipe it down. For stains that refuse to be removed, prepare a paste of baking soda and water and scrub them away.
How Much to Pay for a Steam Press
For most buyers, the price of the steam press is an important consideration in choosing best steam press iron machine. There is a wide selection of steam presses at various prices according to their features and size. For some of the best steam presses, expect to pay anywhere between $170 and $500. Small steam presses are usually within the $170 to $190 price range. Medium models can easily go for between $200 and $275. For large steam, presses expect to shell out $300 to $500. These prices are an estimation of market prices and you might find individual steam presses that are priced outside of these ranges.
Top stream press machine Brands Currently Available on the Market
Among the variety of steam presses to choose from, there are a few top brands that are quite well known to many buyers and users. Here is a shortlist of the most popular brands that offer the best fabric steam press available on the market.
- Speedy Press
How to Use a Steam Press
Using a steam press is quite simple and the trick is to follow the instructions completely. You don’t need special training to use it as everything you need to know to operate a steam press is easy to understand. To get started, fill the water container of the steam press with fresh, clean water and return the container into its slot. Turn the steam press on and select the correct settings that suit the fabric you will be pressing. The settings that you need to select are the temperature and the time that the garment would need to get wrinkles out or to put creases in. Digital LED controls in most of the best steam press models to make it easy for you to select your temperature and time. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions when selecting these settings. To ensure the best results, allow the steam press to warm up for around two minutes before you begin pressing.
After the steam press warms up, open it and put the garment to be pressed on the pressing surface – that is the bottom area. Shut the steam press and allow it the recommended time to press the item. You should have set the timer to the right setting for the garment prior to this step.
Some garments, depending on the fabric that they are made of, require more time than others to press. In any event, pressing time is normally quite quick. As soon as the garment is completely pressed, you will hear a beep or other alert to indicate that the garment is ready to be removed. In the case of large garments, drapes or spreads you would need to press them in sections to get all wrinkles out. To create creases in your dress pants, for example, make sure that the garment is laid out straight so that you get the best creases in one go.
How to take care your stream press machine
Taking care of your steam press is also very important to allow it to give you proper service for a long time. Here are a few care tips on how to keep your steam press going strong.
- Avoid leaving your steam press unattended when it is on. Always turn it off and unplug when not in use.
- Only use clean water in your steam press and avoid using scented water or water mixed with other liquids like fabric softener. This may stain your garments.
- To clean your steam press, ensure that it is cool before you start. Use a damp rag or cloth to clean it and avoid using abrasive solvents or harsh chemicals to clean its surfaces. Ensure that the special non-stick coating remains intact by not using abrasives on the surface.
- Avoid putting your steam press in a dusty space or anywhere that will cause it to collect dust and foreign particles on its surfaces and moving parts. The area that you keep your steam press should be, as much as possible, dust free.
- To avoid fire hazard check the electrical chord for any breaks or exposed wiring. If you find any damage to the chord, have it repaired quickly.