10 Best Facial Steamers 2018 For Home and Professionals – Reviews & Buying Guide
Ever since humans discovered hot water, they’ve been stuffing steam up their faces in hope of getting rid of acne, awkward-looking warts, and bettering the condition of their skin. Curiously, though, it is to this very day uncertain if performing this sacred ritual (inevitably including towels and a plastic basin) actually works in achieving the aforementioned goals.
Be that as it may, in this top 10 review, we’re going to explore the modern-day apparatus that makes the age-old process happen- the facial steamer. These odd-looking contraptions come in all shapes and sizes, so we’ve compiled a list o’ 10 best ones, so you can pick and choose to your heart’s content!
Top 3 Best Facial Steamer: Editor’s Pick
|Facial Steamer||Facial Steamer Model||Editor's Rating||Price|
|Pure Daily Care – Nano Steamer|
|ECVISION – Nano Ionic Warm Mist Facial Steamer|
|Conair – Facial Sauna with Timer|
Also, we’ve prepared for you some sections where we explain in detail about steaming and answer the frequently asked questions about it.
Right then, without further ado, let’s dive straight into Top 10 Best Facial Steamers!
- 10 Best Facial Steamer Reviews:
- 1. Pure Daily Care – Nano Steamer
- 2. ECVISION – Nano Ionic Warm Mist Facial Steamer
- 3. Conair – Facial Sauna with Timer
- 4. KINGA – Nano Ionic Facial Steamer
- 5. Panasonic – Spa-Quality Facial Steamer
- 6. Beauty Nymph – Spa Home Facial Steamer
- 7. Kingdom – Facial Steamer
- 8. Secura – NanoCare Facial Steamer
- 9. Kingdom – 2-in-1 Hair in Facial Steamer
- 10. OkachiGliya – Nano Steamer
- Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Choosing The Facial Steamer
- How Does a Facial Steamer Work?
- Benefits of Using a Facial Steamer
- How to Use a Facial Steamer?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Facial Steamer
10 Best Facial Steamer Reviews:
1. Pure Daily Care – Nano Steamer
If you’re looking for a sci-fi looking steam-breathing contraption to hydrate your skin and get rid of blackheads, this Nano Steamer can be the right tool for the job! Thanks to its simple and ergonomic design, virtually anyone can use it without needing any training. (You would need to read the instruction sheet, though.)
According to the folks at Pure Daily Care, this little machine does wonders at removing the following nasty ‘n’ no less irritating facial atrocities: blackheads. (Oddly enough, the word itself looks like one.) Other than this massive boon, this Nano Steamer also improves your blood circulation and helps hydrate your skin. Neat stuff, indeed, but there’s more!
Features and Benefits:
- 5-Piece Skin Kit –Complementing the positively miraculous effects that a facial steamer has on your face, there is a 5-piece special kit aimed at battling blackheads and blemishes with more of a head-on approach. Namely, once the skin’s been loosened up by the steaming, you can use any of the 5 surgical-grade stainless steel tools to extract blackheads and other smaller imperfection with ease.
- 3-in-1 Design –Built into this rather smallish apparatus, there are three different settings you can choose from: facial steamer- represents its basic function, towel warm– warms your towels, and last but not least humidifier- humidifies the surrounding area.
- Impressive Running Time- Considering its small size, this plucky little facial steamer can actually run for quite a long time- some half an hour with a full tank, to be precise! This is more than enough time to complete your steaming session without interruptions and breaks for refilling!
2. ECVISION – Nano Ionic Warm Mist Facial Steamer
Armed with a stylish floral-themed top part where the steam is actually coming from, this Nano Ionic Warm Mist facial steamer is a contraption that not only can hydrate your face, but also look good doing it! (And we all know that is the most important part of the steaming process.)
Jokes aside, this facial steamer from the ECVISION company comes with a PTC ceramic heating element, which enables it to produce steam almost instantly. (That is, as soon as you’ve pressed the button for it.) What’s more, the tiny water particles that come out, as a result, have the power to penetrate deep into your skin, ensuring it’s well-moisturized and absorbent. Let’s see what else these ECVISION folks have got up their sleeve.
Features and Benefits:
- Blackhead Removal Kit – One of the most common reasons why people buy facial steamers in the first place would be in order to loosen up the skin so that blackheads can come out more easily. In this aspect, the ECVISION’s warm mist facial steamer does not disappoint. Within this special kit, you’ll find 5 different extraction loops and needles, so you can dig out your face with tools that are as high-quality as those of a surgeon.
- Sizeable Water Tank – While not necessarily the biggest on the market, this model’s water tank is surely large enough to do a steaming job properly. With 70 ml of water, it can house, you can use it continuously for 12 minutes before it needs a refill. Also, during these 12 minutes, it runs completely silently, enabling you to relax and get your skin well-moisturized.
3. Conair – Facial Sauna with Timer
Rocking a slightly unorthodox design (at least when compared some other models), this facial sauna from Conair is an apparatus that can open up your pores and moisturize your skin, so that you’ll be as good as new after a treatment! (Well, at least, your face will be as good as new, for the rest of your body there are no guarantees.)
What makes this particular facial steamer so special is the fact that it comes with an additional facial cleansing brush. This tool is used to clear away the tiny dirt and oil particles off your face and allow the steam to enter your skin and make it moisturized and smooth. Here are its other features:
Features and Benefits:
- Nasal Cone – One of the greatest benefits of this contraption is the fact that it comes with a special nasal cone allowing you to steam your sinuses through your nostrils. In this way, you can clear your nasal passages easily which means you’ll breathe more freely.
- Timer – When it comes to the timing of the steaming sessions, this particular contraption allows you to precisely set the period of time you want hot steam blown into your face. The scale goes from 3 all the way to 15 minutes. If you don’t want to use it anymore and forget to turn it off, no worries- the automatic shut-off option will kick in at 45 minutes and turn the device off on it own!
4. KINGA – Nano Ionic Facial Steamer
With the appearance of an exotic sea sponge who also happens to be female, this KINGA Nano Ionic Facial Steamer can be a great solution for a person who appreciates great design paired up with work efficiency. (Also, let’s just mention that the color patterns for this apparatus mostly target female buyers.)
Now, if speed is your concern when it comes to operating a facial steamer, this product might be just what you’ve been looking for. Thanks to its mighty heating element, this steamer is capable of heating the water in less than 30 seconds! Neat indeed, let’s what other niceties this steamer has got in store for us:
Features and Benefits
- Additional Tool Kit–Similarly to the products you’ve seen above, this facial steamer from KINGA also comes with an additional blackhead removal kit. (That is, you can use it for removing other imperfections as well, not just blackheads.) It’s comprised of 5 different instruments, each of which enables you to to take tackle skin imperfections with high precision.
- UV Light Sterilization – Since the water in the tank needs to be clean first in order for it to be converted into safe kind o’ steam, the clever folks at KINGA decided to include a UV sterilization part. Therefore, as long as you keep using clean water with no major pollutants in it, you can rest assured this device will do its part in sanitizing the steam it produces!
5. Panasonic – Spa-Quality Facial Steamer
Even though it’s probably better known for its TV sets and other high-tech contraptions, the company of Panasonic makes quite a few facial steamers, as well. This Spa-Quality model is one of their latest efforts in this field, and if you take a look at its features, you can see that it’s not that bad, at all. (You’ll be the judge of that, of course.)
For starters, it’s got a compact design perfect for bathroom cupboards above the mirror or some other cooped-up place in your home. Other than that, this facial steamer from Panasonic allegedly spews out steam in the minutes of its forms- nano-sized particles. These small buggers than enter your skin through the loosened-up pores and can do their magic of moisturizing and thus revitalize your face! Let’s see what else this apparatus has got in store for us:
Features and Benefits
- Stylish Design – Built to give you the best possible steaming experience as well as look good as a part of your bathroom decor, this facial steamer from Panasonic is possibly the best-looking apparatus on this list.
- Makeup Removal – As odd as it may sound, one of the biggest reasons people are actually buying this steam-spewing contraption is for the purpose of removing makeup! Thanks to its capability to generate fine steam that can disintegrate the makeup particles, you can use this device to remove mascara, eyeliner, lipstick, various foundations and other forms of makeup from your face!
6. Beauty Nymph – Spa Home Facial Steamer
Other than rocking quite an optimistic name for a smallish bathroom tabletop face steamer, this cheeky-looking model from Beauty Nymph has got plenty of surprises up its sleeve. For example, its steam-spewing prowess can is measured in two levels (and a zero), so you can make fine adjustments to your device and have more control over how much steam hits your respectable face!
Another interesting thing about this device is its curious appearance. The top part, where the steam comes from, comes in two versions, the smaller one- for general steaming sessions, and the bigger, wider one- for facial steaming in particular. The process for the latter is in itself quite easy- you stick your face in the steamer and then just wait for a couple of minutes till the program’s over! Grand stuff so far- let’s see what else this Beauty Nymph has got in store:
- Aluminum Vaporizer Pot – Compared to the aforementioned ginormous top part, the bottom one- responsible for actually heating up the water in the tank and producing steam is quite small. Nevertheless, thanks to the high-quality vaporizer pot that’s situated in it, you can expect your steam to be ready in minutes after you’ve pressed the button!
- Measuring Cup – Although not necessarily the most essential part of your steaming arsenal, having a handy measuring cup on board can save you a little bit of time. Moreover, overfilling the tank can damage this device, but if you have one of these measuring cups you can’t really go wrong now, can you?
7. Kingdom – Facial Steamer
Coming from a company with a positively regal name, the Kingdom’s Facial Steamer is a device designed to loosen up your skin and enable you to clean out the blackheads, dirt, and other imperfections that you may find currently buried in your respectable face! Also, it removes dead skin particles, oily impurities, and remnants of makeup.
On the other hand, not only does this apparatus help you remove the traces of old makeup, but it can also help you prepare your face for a brand new round! (Face paint surely works, as well- in case you’re going to a carnival or something.) So far so good. Let’s see what else have these Kingdom folks managed to cram into their small device:
Features and Benefits
- UV Light Sterilizer – Since the water, we pour into the steamer tank can’t really ever be 100% purified, no matter what sort of filtration system you’re using, the folks at Kingdom have figured to make a small water purifier of their own. The job of this part is to cleanse the water using the UV light and remove all the impurities before it gets turned into steam.
- Auto Shut-Off Timer – After a certain time has passed without this timer being used, the auto shut-off feature will kick in and turn the steamer off on its own! (This is especially handy for people who tend to forget to turn off their stove or their spouse’s birthday.)
8. Secura – NanoCare Facial Steamer
Simple and small in size, the Secura’sNanoCare Facial Steamer is a plucky little device capable of rejuvenating your skin and moisturizing it six ways to Sunday. (Hopefully, you won’t use it that often- it may be unhealthy for you.)
Thanks to its capability to render water into fine, allegedly nano steam particles, this steamer can remove dirt, oil, grime and other pollutants from your skin and make it smooth and elastic again! Here are the other features of this SecuraNanoCare Facial Steamer:
Features and Benefits
- Interior Humidifying – Other than stuffing your face full of steam, you can also use this SecuraNanoCare Facial Steamer for humidifying interior areas. Simply turn it on and after a while, your room will reach the level of air humidity you desire!
- 1-Year Warranty – Another rather interesting addition to the roster of features this product is boasting would be the 1-year warranty. (Mind you, though, this product is only meant to be used with North American Electrical Standards.)
9. Kingdom – 2-in-1 Hair in Facial Steamer
With an appearance of R2D2’s smaller, more cosmetically-inclined cousin, this facial steamer from Kingdom is more of a complex kind of an apparatus, in comparison to the models we’ve featured previously on our list. When you first take a look at it, you’ll notice that it comes with one of those hair salons half spheres that goes over your head- that’s the part that, well, goes over your head.
This steamer is so robust and potent, so to speak, that it can be also used as a humidifier for small to medium size rooms! So, if you do decide to opt for one of these mighty contraptions, you’ll get two products instead of one- steamer + humidifier. Neat, indeed, but there’s more:
Features and Benefits
- Face and Hair Steamer – If you happen to be in need of a device that can steam both your face and your hair, this Kingdom 2-in-1 Hair, and Facial Steamer can be the perfect ‘weapon of choice’ for you! All you need to do in order to alternate between the two modes is to flick a switch et voila- you’ve got yourself either of the two desired modes at your service!
- Safety System – Sometimes when people use steamers, they forget to refill the water in their water tank. As a result, the device can stop functioning mid-program which can turn your steaming session into a pretty bland experience half way through. In order to prevent this from happening to you, the Kingdom designers decided to include a clever warning system that beeps when the water tank is about to run out of the water.
10. OkachiGliya – Nano Steamer
Shaped roughly as an egg, this steamer model from OkachiGliya is a plucky little device brim-filled with high-tech parts, all designed to make your streaming experience the best it can possibly be. At the center of it all, there’s a PTC heating element capable of heating your water quickly and efficiently, so you won’t need to wait for too long in order to be able to use it.
In order to ensure the water used is completely free of bacteria, pollutants, and other sorts of impurities, the OkachiGliya employs a powerful UV laser to cleanse it. After this, the water is shot up in the air toward your face in a steady stream of 104 degrees Fahrenheit- no more, no less. This temperature has been set in this way to ensure you won’t scald your face when using one of these steamers. Here are some other elements of this OkachiGliya steamer:
Features and Benefits
- BPA-Free Water Tank – Able to house some 80 ml of water, the tank installed in this OkachiGliyanano steamer may not be the biggest one on the market, but it can certainly serve its purpose well and enable you some 15 minutes of steaming.
- Aluminum Alloy Nozzle – The aluminum alloy nozzle helps in ensuring the water doesn’t spill out as it’s turned into steam. More precisely, as the newly-created steam leaves the nozzle, the fact that it’s made out of aluminum alloy will ensure that there aren’t any runaway droplets.
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Choosing The Facial Steamer
As simple as they are, facial steamers are actually contraptions that come in a couple of different shapes and sizes. Depending on the size of the area you plan to steam, as well as how much you’d be prepared to pay, you can get a small personal steamer or a hefty professional-level device that would require a cabinet or some sort of storage compartment of their own!
In this part of our article, we’ll present to you several different types of steamers, so you can choose a model that would suit your needs in the best way. Also, we’ll be mentioning a couple of other things related to energy efficiency and additional modes of functioning, so to speak. Alrighty then, let’s see what we’ve got here:
1. Personal Steamer–
Designed to be easily used by virtually anyone who puts their hands on it, (These should be kept away from children, for the record.) personal steamers are a typically small-sized breed of steamers- otherwise pretty chunky contraptions you may have seen in a beauty salon somewhere.
Its working principle is quite simple: 1) you put water into its tank, 2) turn it on, and 3) bask your face in the warm steam that comes out of its nozzle! As you can see, these steamers are meant for personal use, and would thus perform poorly as general humidifiers, so don’t use them for this purpose. Other than that, personal steamers are small, efficient, and even relatively inexpensive! What’s not to love?
2. Professional Steamer –
When it comes to stuffing your face with hot steam, the contraption that seems to do it the best would be the professional steamer. (Of course, it may go under different names, but we’re giving you more of an umbrella term here.) The thing is, professional level steamers are pretty similar to their smaller cousins- the personal steamers, about the only difference between the two being- the scale.
So, a professional steamer may have all the features of a personal steamer but scaled up. For example, a bigger water tank, smaller and finer steam particles, and a larger steaming surface to cover more of your skin. All of this up-scaling comes at a price, of course, so if you’re eyeing a professional level steamer, take into consideration the fact that it may be considerably more expensive than a smaller, personal version of it.
3. Nano-Ionic Steamer –
With a name that already sounds like a device, you’d see in a sci-fi film, the nano ionic steamers represent a breed of steaming contraptions that don’t really play by the rules of the other models, so to speak. Namely, you could argue that these steamers utilize a different kind of steaming technology, allowing them to produce a special kind of steam.
The secret is in the ceramic heating elements these devices are often equipped with. They can heat up the water quite quickly and then spout it out even more quickly with the help of a fan. The result is a finer sort of steam that penetrates more deeply into your skin, enabling it to moisturize better!
How Does a Facial Steamer Work?
Facial steamers are usually small, user-friendly contraptions made to enable you skin hydration in areas where there’s not a lot of steam produced naturally. In a way, it’s like a little sauna at your service.
Now, even though seeing steam coming out of a tiny apparatus may seem like a miracle, the functioning principle of these devices is actually pretty simple. The water in the tank is heated up by a heating element that’s built in the device, and then the steam is shot through the nozzle. Sometimes, an additional fan is added so that the steam can be blown even more efficiently towards the target. (Your face.)
As you can see, as simple as one, two, three AND it won’t make nasty electricity bills along the way, either!
Benefits of Using a Facial Steamer
While the exact health benefits that steaming process has on your face have not yet been determined by the scientific community investigating this question, many people claim that steam has positive effects both for their health and their looks. Here are some of the most important reasons people use facial steamers:
- Improved circulation – Hydrating your face is said to give you a certain ‘glow’. This is because of improved circulation that you get after completing a steaming session. The same is true for saunas- people claim to have a better circulation after spending some time there.
- Hydration – Dry skin is one of the worst enemies of beauty products. Therefore, if you’re often struggling to apply your mascaras and foundations, your dry skin might be the culprit. Steaming, on the other end, is a process that inevitably involves plenty of water, so if you expose your face to the working end of a steamer, you’re going to get hydrated this way or another!
- Blackhead removal – After your skin’s been exposed to warm steam, ‘digging out’ blackheads will be a much easier job. What’s more, many steamers come with a set of tools for removing these annoying skin irregularities!
How to Use a Facial Steamer?
One of the biggest reasons facial steamers exist in the first place would be the fact that preparing everything for a steaming session can be a drag. With these little contraptions on our side, however, this task becomes much easier, and so does the entire consequent steaming process! Here’s how it should happen (in chronological order):
- Prepare your skin – In order to maximize the effects of full-blown facial steam, you need to clean your face first. You can do this by simply washing up with some soap or any form of mild cleaner. After you’ve rinsed, make sure to clean any residue of dead skin or soap itself with a clean towel.
- Prepare the steamer – Luckily for all those folks who can’t figure out technology, about the only thing you need to do in order to prepare a facial steamer for a round of steaming would be to simply- fill it up. After you’ve done that, flick the on-switch and set the intensity of steaming (if your steamer has those settings), and that would be it, really!
- Start your session–Once you’ve taken all the necessary preparatory steps, it’s time to dive right into your steaming session! (Well, hopefully, there’s not enough water around for you to be able to literally dive in, but still.) In order to start steaming your face, place it so that it rests on the plastic ‘face-holder’ that comes as an inbuilt part of this facial steamer. When it comes to organizing the steaming itself, make sure not to go at it longer than two minutes at a time. At this mark, make pauses in order to check how you feel. If everything’s alright after the first two minutes, you can proceed with the self-treatment!
Frequently Asked Questions About Facial Steamer
What is the Best Facial Steamer for Home?
When it comes to choosing your very own facial steamer, one of the first things to take into consideration would be what your needs are. If you plan to use the steamer only on yourself, you may only need a small version of it. For bigger undertakings or for using it on more people, getting a large model would be a must.
As far as electricity consumption is concerned, don’t be too concerned about your bills growing if you buy a larger model. Even some of the most complex steaming contraptions aren’t that notorious for wasting a bunch of electricity, so don’t worry about it.
That being said, one of the aspects you should take into consideration would be the price of a steamer. Generally, small-scale personal models with only the basic functions can be found for a price as low as 10$ while some more complex models may set you back up to 300$, depending on the type of design you fancy.
Bottom line, if you only need a simple steaming tool for personal use, getting yourself a personal steamer might be the best overall solution for home use. It doesn’t cost an arm and a leg, and it’s sure to do the job you need it for every time!
Are Facial Steamers Safe?
Most of the benefits of steaming in regards to your face seem to be cosmetic in nature. For example, steam is well-known to loosen up your skin, which makes it possible for your blackheads and acne to be removed more easily!
What’s more, steaming your face will inevitably make it sweat more profusely, and sweat has been known to flush out the dirt and other skin imperfections more efficiently than any beauty product ever could.
While most people agree that facial steamers are completely safe to use, there are still some folks out there who would disagree. The thing is, no one is really saying that steaming is detrimental for your skin. Rather, the case the majority of the nay-sayers make is that steaming is really not that beneficial for your skin.
What’s more, if you already have a skin condition such as rosacea, steaming might actually make it worse! Since steam dilutes the blood vessels in your skin, exposing your face to it for a prolonged period of time may lead to flushing, and increased inflammation.
How Long Should My Treatments Last?
Typically, steamers are able to work anywhere 5 to 15 minutes. The amount of time they can go on depends on the amount of water they can house in their tanks. That being said, a steaming session doesn’t really need to exceed 10 minutes at a time.
Usually, 5 to 8 minutes will do the trick for you. Of course, you’d need to pay attention to certain things along the way. For example, the temperature of the steam is rather important to take into consideration at the beginning. Most steamers will have a temperature setting wheel (or some other form of a switch) so that you can set it to a value that fits you the most.
At any rate, you should always start with lower temperatures first and then build it up later till you reach the stage you feel comfortable with. After you’ve found your perfect temperature, make sure to make pauses in your steaming session every two minutes, so as to avoid scolding and other heat-related injuries.
How Frequently Should You Complete Steaming Treatments?
Even though steaming may sound like a pleasurable activity that you could do every day, it should actually be completed only once a week, for most people. In general, overdoing steaming sessions might lead to breakouts of acne and other skin imperfections that tend to pop up whenever there’s too much pressure on the base layer of the skin.
To avoid this, don’t do steaming more than once a week. If you have a particularly blackhead-rich skin, so to speak, you may do a steaming session for two times a week even. Overall, make sure that steaming sessions you do suit you and that you feel well after them and everything should be A-ok!
All things considered, obtaining a facial steamer can be one of the best decisions you can make when it comes to the health of your skin. These simple contraptions can not only make for a good-looking new contraption for your bathroom but also help you with battling blackheads, acne and other irritating imperfections on your face.
So, whether you like them big or you like them small, buying a properly-made facial steamer can truly be a face-saving decision for your, well- face. Hopefully, this article helped you find the perfect model for your needs!