10 Best Personal Steam Inhaler Reviews For 2018 (Updated)
When faced with chronic sinus congestion, allergies, flu and other respiratory ailments, you have two choices. Choice number one – do nothing and continue to suffer. Choice number two- do something about it and find relief. You should have no trouble making the choice that brings relief. This is where our reliable steam inhaler review comes in:
Steam inhalers are wonderful tools to use to clear your respiratory passages whenever you are blocked and stuffy. It is a therapy that has been used for as long as man has been around. Steam inhalation is effective in dealing with certain ailments like the common cold and is even effective against migraines and other headaches.
Top 3 Best Personal Steam Inhaler: Editor’s Pick.[wpsm_comparison_table id=”6″]
The medical community has not agreed on the medicinal benefits of steam therapy and the verdict is still out as to whether steam inhalers can be recommended as medical treatment. Suffice it to say, the use of personal steam inhalers has become a widespread phenomenon, primarily as a home remedy. Steam inhalation has also been used with success in the spa and beauty industries and you will find many great examples of how this treatment enhances the quality of life for users.
We have examined quite a few personal steam inhalers to bring you the best Personal steam inhaler that is the right solution for your situation. Whether you are affected by sinus congestion, allergies, respiratory difficulties – like asthma, or other problems there is a personal steam inhaler just for you. You might also be interested in our articles about the Best Steam Press Machine and Best Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner Review.
Simply check our recommendations and if you are still not convinced that you have found the best inhaler, do further research to answer your questions and satisfy your concerns.
Here, then, are the ten personal steam inhalers that you can try.
Best Personal Steam Inhaler Review:
1. MyPurMist Personal Handheld Steam Inhaler and Vaporizer[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”480″ identifier=”B01IQDNLO4″ locale=”US” src=”https://www.significantotherbroadway.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/51JD8UFoTL-1.jpg” tag=”significantotherbroadway-20″ width=”480″] [su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/MyPurMist-Personal-Handheld-Inhaler-Vaporizer/dp/B01IQDNLO4?tag=significantotherbroadway-20″ target=”blank” background=”#FF4900″ size=”6″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: share-square-o” rel=”nofollow”]Check Price[/su_button]
Suffering from congestion of the sinus, allergies, and colds can be a real bummer and all you need is quick relief from the sinus congestion. Such relief you can get with MyPurMist Handheld Steam Inhaler MyPurMist is a fast acting, convenient inhaler that will certainly clear your sinuses and allow you to continue having productive, stress-free days.
This system was developed originally to be used in hospitals but has since been introduced to the wider consumer market. The key feature of this effective inhaler is its patented Capillary Force Vaporizer (CFV) that turns water into vapor without the need to boil it. The steam you get is free of germs and other contaminants and is always at a comfortable temperature that is right for you. It is so easy to use, you can use it anywhere, at home, at the office, or wherever you go.
You can take it anywhere you need, as it is portable and convenient. You have no need to wait, or do any advanced preparation in order to use MyPurMist. Not only does MyPurMist work for you, it works for your whole family. Expect gentle and soothing relief from your sinus congestion, allergies, headaches, chest and nasal congestion, and any breathing discomfort when you use this premium product.
2. Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler V1200[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B075FYVVFH” locale=”US” src=”https://www.significantotherbroadway.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/31ZFKTeBkqL-1.jpg” tag=”significantotherbroadway-20″ width=”400″] [su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075FYVVFH?tag=significantotherbroadway-20″ target=”blank” background=”#FF4900″ size=”6″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: share-square-o” rel=”nofollow”]Check Price[/su_button]
Vicks is an internationally known name for relief from stuffy noses, colds, and flu. It is not surprising, therefore, that the Vicks Personal Steam Inhaler V1200 is among the recommended products for you to try. This Vick Personal Steam Inhaler may be the best rated steam inhaler for babies. This personal inhaler assists in providing quick relief from colds, nasal and sinus congestion and allergies.
With the self-regulating heater the water gently boils and at the same time, you can adjust the patented steam control to allow cool air to contact the steam effectively. The Vick personal inhaler is quite effective for persons suffering from flu, cold, bronchitis, laryngitis, sinusitis, and allergy. No matter what is afflicting you, there is quick and effective relief with this most effective personal inhaler. The hood, which is made of plastic, fits the face, cradling it comfortably as moist warm air goes straight to the nostrils and throat to ease all forms of congestion.
You are in perfect control with this personal inhaler and you can return to your normal activities after a quick 5 to 15-minute treatment. You will also love the compact size of this inhaler that is great when traveling anywhere including overseas where you can use its dual voltage anywhere you travel in the world. You may, however, need to ensure that it does not burn you as the unit tends to get hot very quickly.
3. MABIS Personal Steam Inhaler Steam Vaporizer – Aromatherapy Diffuser[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B000AYYK5M” locale=”US” src=”https://www.significantotherbroadway.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/41x5LwfkoSL-1.jpg” tag=”significantotherbroadway-20″ width=”500″] [su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AYYK5M?tag=significantotherbroadway-20″ target=”blank” background=”#FF4900″ size=”6″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: share-square-o” rel=”nofollow”]Check Price[/su_button]
A handy companion in times of stress caused by sore throat, cough, flu, allergies, and other respiratory difficulties is the Mabis Personal Steam Inhaler. Expect fast and effective relief for your throat, pores, skin, and respiratory tract. Mabis might even be the top steam inhaler for singers, public speakers, or anyone else who must use their voices all the time.
You’ll be amazed at how quickly you return to your normal, active life. The flexible mask is soft and free of latex. It is also equipped with a drain tank, aromatherapy tank, an extension tube, indicator light, a measuring cup, and a convenient 5-foot power cord. This durable personal inhaler is also reliable and you will benefit from years of continuous use. The Mabis is a trusted brand of personal inhalers and you can rely on the suppliers for any replacement that may be required.
The Mabis steam inhaler is also a very cost-effective product that you can rely on for relief for any congestion you might experience. Remember that this unit is not a nebulizer that you can use to dispense prescription medications. It is simply a steam inhaler that comes in handy whenever you are suffering congestion. You may need to replace your unit if it develops cracks or other damage while you use it.
4. Gurin Steam Inhaler
[su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VKRXSU?tag=significantotherbroadway-20″ target=”blank” background=”#FF4900″ size=”6″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: share-square-o” rel=”nofollow”]Check Price[/su_button]
For a safe and natural relief from congestion trust the Gurin steam inhaler. This product is effective to treat bronchitis, allergies, laryngitis, flu, colds, sinusitis, rhinitis, and other congestion and respiratory problems. The vapor you get with this inhaler is soothing and steady. The steam control is also variable to allow you to make a number of selections, which is perfect for aromatherapy. Furthermore, Gurin Steam Inhaler is the best selected steam inhaler for bronchitis that you can depend on. Trust this smooth and effective inhaler that won’t let you down.
If you need more relief, you may add a few drops of Eucalyptus Oil in the aromatherapy compartment before adding water and stirring them. You will also love how easy it is to use this personal inhaler even when you travel outside of your home base.
5. Veridian 11-525 Steam Inhaler and Beauty Mask[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”444″ identifier=”B003TJ6Q4S” locale=”US” src=”https://www.significantotherbroadway.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/41dNY0bAQFL.jpg” tag=”significantotherbroadway-20″ width=”500″] [su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TJ6Q4S?tag=significantotherbroadway-20″ target=”blank” background=”#FF4900″ size=”6″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: share-square-o” rel=”nofollow”]Check Price[/su_button]
You might consider the Veridian 11 – 525 Steam Inhaler and Beauty Mask for the effective and safe relief of your inconvenient respiratory symptoms. If you are ever afflicted by allergies, flu and cold along with congestion in your nose and chest, the Veridian steam inhaler is all that you will need.
The beauty mask you also receive is quite handy for any facial and aromatherapy treatments you need. Steam adjustment is flexible with this inhaler as you have the choice among different settings to achieve the result you desire. Expect fast relief from the therapies that can be delivered within less than 10 minutes. The Veridian inhaler is so easy-to-use as well as easy to clean up. Simply follow the complete instructions provided with this steam inhaler for singers and the regular Joe.
So, expect superior results from this convenient product that is also equipped with a 5 feet long power cord, an inhaler unit, face and beauty masks, and a measuring cup. It is also great that this inhaler is free of latex. You have the flexibility of using the Veridian steam inhaler on both the nose and mouth and to use it as a face steamer with the bigger cup that is provided.
6. Personal Steam Inhaler – Personal Steam Inhaler Set[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00O8ZJ0PO” locale=”US” src=”https://www.significantotherbroadway.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/51g4akCSz2L.jpg” tag=”significantotherbroadway-20″ width=”365″] [su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O8ZJ0PO?tag=significantotherbroadway-20″ target=”blank” background=”#FF4900″ size=”6″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: share-square-o” rel=”nofollow”]Check Price[/su_button]
Another option that you can test is the Personal Steam Inhaler set which is a light plastic cup that you put to your face with the help of a silicone/rubber mask. As a low-cost alternative to higher priced personal inhalers, you may choose to buy this product as a quick and handy item to have around in case you need it.
It does not have a lot of complicated features so it is quite easy to use. You might say, it is one of the simplest steam inhaler devices on the market. Its simple design allows you to hold it to your face and inhale with the help of the mask provided. Depending on how long you are holding this inhaler to your face your arms might get tired. Not everyone will have a comfortable fit with the mask attached so, ensure that when buying this personal steam inhaler, you check it carefully to see whether it is the top rated steam inhaler for you.
7. Vicks Personal Sinus Steam Inhaler[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B075FYVVFH” locale=”US” src=”https://www.significantotherbroadway.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/41IAGW5lUrL.jpg” tag=”significantotherbroadway-20″ width=”400″] [su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/Vicks-Personal-Sinus-Steam-Inhaler/dp/B075FYVVFH?tag=significantotherbroadway-20″ target=”blank” background=”#FF4900″ size=”6″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: share-square-o” rel=”nofollow”]Check Price[/su_button]
You can’t go wrong with the Vicks Personal Sinus Steam Inhaler which is your go-to product for year-round relief from congestion and cough. Whenever you experience the stuffiness caused by allergies, colds, and sinusitis go for one of the great steam inhaler solutions on the market.
With steam that is 99.99 percent germ-free your mouth, throat, and nose will be completely relieved of irritation, dryness, and congestion. Your treatments are fast and effective – it takes only 5 to 15 minutes to see clear results as your respiratory passages open up to the soothing steam. The Vicks Personal Sinus Steam Inhaler also comes with steam controls you can easily adjust to manage the steam you get out for the best relief.
A useful feature is that this inhaler is designed to be used with tap water and it automatically shuts off whenever it is out of liquid. You can use up to two Vicks VapoPads with this inhaler for soothing menthol vapors. You actually get a sample Vicks VapoPad with your purchase. So, if you want a simple to use, effective personal sinus steamer that really helps your sinuses and nose, look no further than Vicks.
8. Uniclife Portable Compressor System Kit Cool Mist Inhaler[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B071KTG2LV” locale=”US” src=”https://www.significantotherbroadway.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/41jCvtoQvWL.jpg” tag=”significantotherbroadway-20″ width=”500″] [su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/Uniclife-Portable-Compressor-Inhaler-Warranty/dp/B071KTG2LV?tag=significantotherbroadway-20″ target=”blank” background=”#FF4900″ size=”6″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: share-square-o” rel=”nofollow”]Check Price[/su_button]
Perhaps a lightweight, portable and easy to use personal inhaler that is great for kids and adults is what you really need. Then, the Uniclife Portable Compressor System Kit Cool Mist Inhaler is your best bet even as the best steam inhaler for babies. Equipped with a compressor, chamber for medicines, air tube, five air filters, and masks for child and adult, this inhaler kit offers efficient relief whenever you need it.
This system also makes administering medicines quite simple. What it does is to break suspensions and solutions into tiny droplets to make inhaling very easy. Both adults and kids who suffer from chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, asthma, and other ailments can use this inhaler for immediate relief. Operation is made simple with one all-purpose button.
Your Uniclife system is equipped with separate storage compartments for accessories and the power cord that are quite convenient. Thanks to the built-in handle, this lightweight kit is easy to take anywhere you want. Your kit is also stable on any flat surface because of the non-slip pads located on the bottom of the unit.
9. Avya Sinus Steam Inhaler[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”400″ identifier=”B07BFG8SB1″ locale=”US” src=”https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31GqdfjTnjL.jpg” tag=”significantotherbroadway-20″ width=”400″] [su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BFG8SB1/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=significantotherbroadway-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07BFG8SB1&linkId=1df472724444eb8db8f7e279dab8f810″ target=”blank” background=”#FF4900″ size=”6″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: share-square-o” rel=”nofollow”]Check Price[/su_button]
Your solution to sinus and other congestion is also found in the Avya Sinus Steam Inhaler. This steam inhaler is very effective in vaporizing against sinusitis, flu, cold and other congestions. Anyone regardless of age can use this handy inhaler without trouble.
It is lightweight enough for easy portability – so you can take it anywhere you like. Not only is this a reasonably priced product to buy, you can find available today. 4 Lithium ion batteries are included and are rechargeable for hours of continuous use.
Read the instructions carefully in order to take the best care of this inhaler unit. It is not recommended that you use pure distilled water in your mixture as this will not work well. You may, however, use with tap water, saline, or added liquid medicine.
10. NanoSteamer – Large 3-in-1 Nano Ionic Facial Steamer[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01BPKUCRE” locale=”US” src=”https://www.significantotherbroadway.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/51A4fYhkMWL.jpg” tag=”significantotherbroadway-20″ width=”500″] [su_button url=”https://www.amazon.com/NanoSteamer-3-Humidifier-Blackheads-Stainless/dp/B01BPKUCRE?tag=significantotherbroadway-20″ target=”blank” background=”#FF4900″ size=”6″ center=”yes” icon=”icon: share-square-o” rel=”nofollow”]Check Price[/su_button]
If you have tried everything to fix your sinus congestion and clogged pores but are getting nowhere, you might want to consider the NanoSteamer. This is a modern ionic steamer that mixes heat with an ultra sonic vaporizer to create nano scale steam consisting of ionic particles that are negatively charged. This combination of Nano steam and ionic water particles is up to ten times more effective on cleaning the skin.
With the NanoSteamer you are getting a genuine three-in-one unit that also functions as an effective humidifier as well as a towel warmer. Unlike other steamers that only has a run capacity of up to ten minutes, the NanoSteamer is equipped with a bigger water reservoir which allows up to half-an-hour of steaming time. You get a five-piece skin kit that is made of stainless steel with your order.
These skin kits are the same quality tools used by skin care specialists for removing impurities of the skin and it works best after facial steams and before putting on cleansers, mud masks, or other beauty products. You can easily change your settings with the precise control knob on the NanoSteamer. The convenient built-in towel chamber provides freshly steamed and moist towels you can use while you steam. An added benefit is that this steamer acts as a powerful humidifier in any size room – even large ones.
Buying Guide: Things to Consider When Choose Steam Inhaler Machine
What are the important things to consider when buying a steam inhaler? How do you know you are choosing the best rated steam inhaler for sinus and other congestion? Reading the label or doing prior research are good starting points. But to save you the trouble, here is a shortlist of what to look for in your steam inhaler:
You need your inhaler to do what it was designed to do. You expect it to relieve you of your sinus and respiratory discomfort whenever you use it. It should be ready for use at all times. Check your inhaler to ensure that it is in fact made for dealing with the ailments you may have. Among the many brands, there are less costly items that may not offer the same features as the more expensive alternative.
You want a personal steam inhaler that you can take anywhere with you. This is possible with certain brands that offer lightweight, portable inhalers that you can travel with. It is an added bonus when your inhaler comes with the ability to be used with dual voltage – that is, you can use it in places that do not use the American voltage standard.
The steam inhaler you buy should last you for a long time without the need for replacement. This is true for most of the steam inhaler choices that are recommended. Some manufacturers offer one year warranty on their products. You may also be fortunate to find steam inhalers with a longer warranty. It is worth the research. Furthermore, consumer reviews are good clues as to whether the featured steam inhaler is worth the purchase. In any event, stick to brands that are well known for offering premium quality steam inhalers that are known to last.
Ease of use:
You also may wish to purchase a steam inhaler that is quite easy to use and operate. These should have no complicated features that are frustrating to the average user. The steam inhaler for babies, for example, is easy to use and operate and does not come with complicated controls. If you are like most users, the easier options are more up your street. One way to confirm how easy your steam inhaler is to use is to read the instructions or have it demonstrated to you. Customer reviews are helpful as well.
Steam Inhaler for Cold Symptoms
Steam inhalers can be used to treat cold, and even flu symptoms once you do so correctly. Steam inhalation is a means of introducing warm, moist air into your nasal passage and throat for relief against congestion caused by the common cold and other ailments. You can also use certain herbs, like Cloves, in your steam mix for better results. Your immune system is actually stimulated by the increased temperature caused by steaming and produces more White Blood Cells that are effective in fighting bacteria and germs. Follow instructions for using steam inhalers and take precautions when using with children.
What Is Steam Therapy?
Steam therapy applies steam as a way of opening your pores, blocked respiratory passages, and lungs for relief and improved functioning of the body. The benefits of steam therapy are tremendous, particularly in improved relaxation, detoxification, and invigoration that you achieve. This is a form of treatment that has been used for centuries to alleviate the discomforts of respiratory infections, blocked passages, and other ailments. The steam used is water heated to around 100 degrees Fahrenheit to which special herbs and oils are usually added. You are exposed to it for around 15 minutes to an hour depending on your result.
How to Use a Steam Inhaler to Relieve Congestion
Steam inhalation is one of the easiest home remedies for relieving congestion and restoring your breathing to normal. Depending on the brand of steam inhaler you use, you may need to boil the water first then transfer it to your inhaler. If your inhaler has built-in heating, you don’t need to boil your water first. Once you place your water in your inhaler you may add your herbs or essential oils, like peppermint or Eucalyptus, to get started. Place your inhaler close to your nostrils or mouth. Some inhalers are equipped with a mask which you can place over your face. Breathe in the vapor mix slowly for up to five minutes, taking short breaks in between.[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAbqmUrrRlY” controls=”no” autohide=”yes”]
Repeat until you achieve the desired relief. You may need to repeat your steaming routine a few times per day until you are completely free of the congestion and blockage. Steam inhalers are effective in breaking down the mucus in your nasal passage so that the congestion is relieved. Take extra care when using with children to avoid the risk of them being burned. Also, steam inhalers are not recommended for babies below age two years and for persons suffering from asthma.
Medical Benefits of Steam Inhalation
Ever since the time of the ancient Egyptians who use public steam baths, steam inhalation has been recognized for its therapeutic benefits. If you had any doubts about the healing benefits of steam inhalation, the following should put them to rest.
- Benefits for respiration: Your breathing will be better with steam inhalation as it moistens dry air passages and loosens mucus that can then be expelled. It is a recommended home remedy for the common cold, sinusitis, allergies, bronchitis and other respiratory ailments.
- Benefits for circulation: Believe it or not, steam inhalation is good for the body’s blood circulation. With the higher temperature caused by the steam that you inhale the blood vessels dilate, causing easier blood flow. Your migraine and headache ease as your body experiences improved circulation.
- Benefits for cleansing and rejuvenation: Your body experiences a rejuvenation as the pores open up during steam treatment. You immediately feel more alive as you inhale the steam or have it caress your body. Dead skin cells, dirt and other impurities that have clogged your pores are loosened and removed, leaving a youthful, glowing skin.
- Natural Expectorant: Steam as a natural expectorant allows your secretions to be clear and lubricating. This is beneficial for your throat, lungs, and mucous membranes.
Caution of Steam Inhalers
Here are a few safety and operation precautions to observe, which if not heeded, may cause damage to the steam inhaler or harm to you.
- Avoid placing your inhaler unit in water or operating with wet hands. This prevents electric shocks.
- Check for damaged parts before using your inhaler. Damaged parts are to be replaced.
- Keep the air vents of your inhaler clear so that it may operate efficiently.
- Ensure that the water tank in your steam inhaler has water. Do not operate on empty.
- Unplug your steam inhaler before cleaning, filling, and when not in use.
Frequently Asked About Steam Inhaler
1. Are steam inhalers safe for kids?
While there are steam inhalers that are safe for kids to use, it is recommended that parents read the information carefully before using a steam inhaler with children. The main risk to kids if they use steam inhalers improperly is burns to the skin. Kids must take care when inhaling steam directly without adult supervision. Vapors are created by the steam which can be quite hot. To avoid scalds, kids should get help from a responsible adult to use the steam inhaler properly.
2. What’s the best personal steam inhaler for singers?
There is no special steam inhaler that is recommended for singers. Most steam inhalers are perfectly capable of dealing with any respiratory congestion and problems with the voice. Whether you are a professional singer or a complete newbie, there are steam inhalers that are ideal for you to use. The main thing to remember is that as with anything else, read the instructions carefully to make sure that the steam inhaler you are using is actually effective for your voice as well.
3. Should I use boiling water in my steam inhaler?
Not all steam inhalers are designed to use boiling water to create steam. In fact, some steam inhaler for sinus congestion do not use boiling water. Not only is it safer to use a steam inhaler that does not rely on boiled water, the resulting relief for sinus and other congestion is just as effective. In selecting your brand of steam inhaler check to ensure that it is designed for boiling water or not.
4. Is a steam inhaler the same as a Nebulizer?
No. The steam inhaler and the nebulizer machine are not the same things. Actually, they both carry out different functions. Steam inhalers are more effective in delivering moisture to clear congestion in the nose and lungs. The nebulizer, on the other hand, functions to deliver drugs to clear the lungs and does nothing for the nose. So, to deal with any nasal congestion as well as the lung, use the steam inhaler.
5. What are some side effects of using steam inhalers?
Not all doctors recommend the use of steam inhalers as a treatment for medical conditions. Apart from their conclusion that it does not bring obvious medical benefits, they cite the number of burn injuries that occur as the most common side effect. While burns are indeed an effect to be avoided, the use of steam inhalers can be made safer when instructions are followed and children are supervised when using it. There are no other known side effects of using steam inhalers. You may, however, need to discontinue use if you experience any discomfort while using your inhaler.
No doubt, you have seen by now the important things to consider when buying a steam inhaler. Our steam inhaler review is one way to confirm that you are making the right decision. Of course, it pays to do your own research as there are so many great options among the best steam inhaler for sinus and other congestion to choose from. Furthermore, you have been shown how to use your steam inhaler for relieving congestion and treating common cold symptoms. We even answered a few of your burning questions. What you choose to do next is up to you. hare